Android is a software package and Linux based operating system for mobile devices such as tablet computers and smartphones. It is developed by Google and later the OHA (Open Handset Alliance). Building an Android app comes down to two major skills/languages: Java and Android. Java is the language used in Android, but the Android part encompasses learning XML for the design of the app, learning the concepts of Android, and using the concepts programmatically with Java. Android offers a unified approach to application development for mobile devices which means developers need only develop for Android, and their applications should be able to run on different devices powered by Android.
Android application can develop in Java or programming language. Java is exceedingly convenient for beginners, Java is considered as a professional language. We strongly recommend Java if you don't use core functionality of android OS.
In this course, you will learn about:
- Build your own Android apps.
- Explain the differences between Android and other development environments.
- Understand how Android applications work, their life cycle, manifest, Intents, and using external resources.
- Design and develop useful Android applications with compelling user interfaces by using, extending, and creating your own layouts and Views and using Menus.
After competing this course, you Will be able to:
- Build and deploy his/ her Android application.
- Students understand the operation of the application, application lifecycle. configuration files, intents, and activities.
- The candidates get a better understanding of the UI - components, layouts, event handling, and screen orientation.
- Students also develop a working knowledge of the Custom UI elements and positioning.
- The candidates may also have an n-depth under of broadcast receivers and services.
- The networking capabilities such as JAVA Sockets, JAVA XML and JSON are taught.
Table of Contents outline
- A Primer: Java Programming.
- Introduction to Android 7.0 Programming.
- Starting Development with Android Development Tools: Android Studio.
- Exploring Activities, Fragments and Intents.
- Exploring and Designing Android UI.
- using Views to display Pictures and Menu.
- Implementing Data Persistence.
- Gathering Location Data.
- Implementing Graphics and Animations features in Android.
- Integrating Med 'a -r Video, and Sound.
- Interacting with Camera.
- Background Processing: Threads and Services.
- Implementing SMS and Email Messaging.
- Consuming Web and JSON Services: Networking in Android.
- Connecting using Bluetooth, NFC and WIFI connections.
- Exploring Sensors.
- Porting/C++code: NDK.
- Deploying Android App on Google Play.